Friday 20 May 2011

What I've been doing this week...

This blog has been unattended for almost a whole week, because I've been as busy as a bee with a deadline. I'm back now though. I'll give you a moment to rejoice before reading on.

I'm studying to be a teacher right now and the last couple of weeks have been my teaching rounds. That involves full-time work and plenty of after-hours preparation, which leaves little time for ruminations on a blog. But I thought I'd share with you one of the highlights of my teaching experience, which came out of my humanities lesson focusing on the Antarctic.

Me: "So why do you think dogs proved to be more successful than ponies at pulling sleds in early Antarctic exploration?"
Grade 5 boy: "Because ponies are for girls."

Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment